Making a lasting impact on a 110-year-old organization is not an easy thing to do. It takes a balanced mix of expertise, courage, patience, and perseverance. It also takes time.
Since 2014, Ryan Reed has brought those elements – and many more – to the Takodah YMCA. From dramatically modernizing our approach to camping services and staff administration to radically improving our fundraising capabilities and facilities management, Ryan helped steer us into a new century of helping kids to develop the connections, confidence, and character they need to reach their full potential. His results include:
- Serving as the staff lead during two executive transitions
- Increasing camper enrollment from 1,776 camper weeks to 3,112 camper weeks (and filling North Camp for the first time)
- Increasing annual earned revenue from $1.1MM to $3.5MM
- Increasing annual fundraising revenue from <$100K to $500K+
- Supporting $2MM+ in capital improvements
- Increasing pre-registration from 32% to 86%
- Leading the 2016 Centennial Celebration and associated alumni campaigns
- Achieving an overall excellence rating of 96% and a recommend to a friend rating of 100%
- Winning ‘Best Overnight Camp’ in the Greater Boston Area six times
- Spearheading Youth Mental Health First Aid, the Gender Inclusion Plan, and other DEIB initiatives
- Achieving Praesidium Youth Protection certification and multiple ACA re-accreditations
- Adding many new equipment and program enhancements along with introducing several new songs to the Dining Hall
Today, we announce that Ryan is moving on from our Y to an exciting new challenge in his career. While we are sad to see him (and Murphy) go, we’re grateful for all he has accomplished. We’re also equally excited to watch as he takes his 20+ years of experience – including nearly 10 years at Takodah – to chart a solid course of strong leadership at another well-deserving non-profit.
In keeping with the spirit of Takodians never saying goodbye, Ryan will continue to stay involved with us by participating in several key committees and acting in an advisory role as we work towards recruiting and on-boarding a new CEO & Executive Director this Fall.
We wish him the very best of luck in all his future endeavors!