I’m sure we’re all tired of getting hit by a series of Nor’Easters, but Spring will come soon…I hope! We have so many exciting projects as we get ready for Outdoor Education season and Camp Takodah. I truly hope you’ve noticed what an amazing job our Facilities Team and contractors do keeping Camp looking good. It’s easy to see the splashy projects we’ve done recently, like the Centennial Terrace, the Kingfisher Twins, or our new website, but you may not have seen all the little things we’ve done.
Think of it as a scavenger hunt!
- Did you find the new roofs on the office, dining hall, the Birches, and the Health Lodge? This year add TPAC, Swallow’s Nest, and Hobby Nook to that list!
- When was the last time you were in North Camp? You may have noticed the Barn and Arts Center looking spiffy with a new coat of stain. This year it will be impossible to miss two new cabins.
- Be sure to wander over to the brand new North Camp Multi-Purpose Sports Court. We couldn’t have done this without all those who supported Keep Takodah Beautiful! The court will allow for significantly expanded sports classes for this summer.
- Have you ever seen our Ropes Course tucked away in the woods between North Camp and the dining hall? It’s where you’ll find the climbing wall, Giant’s Swing, and so many more challenge activities. Make your way over there this year and you’ll find the addition of low element Moby Deck and high elements the Elevator and Voyageur’s Crossing.
- It’s virtually impossible to not make your way to Cass Pond any time you come to Takodah. We know you’ve loved the new benches, water trampoline, and of course the tower which returned a few years ago. We’re excited this year to be adding a new fleet of N10 sailboats.
These are just a few of the many projects we’re always doing to keep Camp looking good and add valued programming for all our campers. I can’t offer enough thanks to all those who put in the time, treasure, and talent in making Camp Takodah a jewel on Cass Pond.
CATEGORY: Takodah Whispers