Takodah YMCA’s volunteer driven committees help steer how our organization develops and progresses year over year. While the work is not always time consuming, it is extremely important and has a lasting effect on our programs, property, philanthropy, and beyond.
We currently have the following committees which are typically comprised of Board Members, Takodah staff, local and regional community members, and remote participants:
- Governance: assisting the board in ensuring the organization maintains board effectiveness and continued development.
- Alumni & Philanthropy: direct the overall financial development plans and policies of the Takodah YMCA.
- Investment: supervise the overall implementation of the Takodah YMCA’s investment policy by executive staff and outside advisors, and managing returns subject to the terms of the gifts.
- Finance: responsible for assisting the board in ensuring the organization maintains good fiscal health.
- Facility: responsible for the overall condition of Takodah Y properties. This includes buildings, systems, infrastructure, and equipment.
Benefits to joining a committee include:
- giving back to the local community
- forging a path to board leadership
- creating a good addition to your resume
- earning volunteer hours (that many employers recognize)
- supporting the mission of the Takodah YMCA
Many of our committees are actively recruiting new members. If you are interested in volunteering to support our Y’s important mission, please fill out the following form. Once it has been reviewed by the Executive Director and the Governance Committee, a representative of the Y will be in touch to discuss next steps.